Saturday, November 13, 2010

Somewhere in Brooklyn

I was watching project runway while under to drowsy spell of Percocet (I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday). The designers on the show were taking inspiration from NYC and 2 of them chose the Brooklyn Bridge. This got me thinking that I should post some of the places I have already explored this school year like my trek from Palladium all the way to DUMBO via the Brooklyn Bridge with my Russian Bubala, Lana!

Our 3.5 mile walk probably took us 3 hrs since we had to make a stop at DASH on Spring Street. We have an unhealthy obsession with the Kardashians, more so Lana is crazy obsessed with Kim while I just like their outfits. But anyways we made a stop at a street vendor where Lana bought a wishbone leather bracelet and I bought a winter hat from TopShop.

We finally made our way down to the bridge. It was great to see the piers of the bridge up close and observe their architectural beauty. The chaotic criss-cross of the cable wire was utterly stunning.

Once we were off the Bridge we walked over the Grimaldi's. We probably waited in line for 1 hr and we were STARVING. I knew Almondine was close by so I got 3 macaroons for us to snack on while we stood in line. THey prob lasted for 1 minute because we devoured them. Lana had never had a macaroon before and the look on her face said it all. Words cannot describe their amazingness. It's more of a euphoric, out of body experience.

So once inside Grimaldi's we had to wait another 20 minutes but we ate an entire LARGE pie between the 2 of us; 2 petitie girls killing the pizza. I would love to know what the British couple next to us thought but they were probably just as into the pizza as we were. I was so full at 3 slices but i just had to shove the 4th slice down, it just had to be done!

Even though we were sickly full we had to go back to Almondine so that we could stock up on French macaroons. They had giant chocolate ones that were insanely delicious...which reminds me I gotta go back to Brooklyn!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment