Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Treats!

Where: Butterlane (East Village --7th St bw 1st and A)


When: Nov. 11, 2010

Why: Post-exam sweet treat with my Bubala : )


After our BioChem exam last week Lana and I wanted to indulge ourselves. Since I consider myself a cupcake connoisseur, I thought it was time to treat my taste buds to their highly acclaimed cupcakes. In the city of cupcake wars, it's difficult to distinguish one cupcake from the rest. Butterlane does succeed in seperating themselves from the competition by allowing their customers to customize their cupcake by choosing the cake and icing of their choice. I picked the strawberry icing with vanilla cupcake and Lana choose the caramel icing with their chocolate cupcake. While we were waiting, one of the employees was turned on by Lana's biochem book and offered us a strawberry cheesecake cupcake to sample. It was so flavorful and captured the cheesecake taste within a light cupcake.

We made a small pit-stop at Luke's and then we went home to devour the cupcakes. After eating one bite we were really disappointed by the actual cake because it was dry but their icing is banging! The really know how to infuse their icings with flavor but their cakes are a disaster.

My vote is still for Magnolia's and Lana is in some sort of weird relationship with Rajshi and Mansi's red velvet cupcakes. Oh and I forgot, Cake & Shake had the best carrot cake I have ever had, in cupcake form! I might just have to make a stop at the Wash Sq Park location to bring an end to the battle...

Butter Lane Cupcake Tree

1 comment:

  1. HAHA Lana and her obsession with those red velvet cupcakes! BTW love the shout out Sukhie!!

    ReplyDelete