Friday, November 12, 2010

Walking 3 miles for a donut. Now that's pathetic

Donut Plant 

Location: Lower East Side near Williamsburg Bridge

When: 11/6/2010

Why: Major sweet tooth, addiction to Pumpkin flavored things, and the need for a distraction from Biochemistry (all that chymotrypsin discussion--I had to test first hand if those zymogens were being activated)

Alyssa and I walked from Palladium all the way to Donut Plant, thinking it would be a short trip over to the East Village but wound up all the way near Chinatown. So we were both pissed when we got there and there was a 20 minute line and I had to wait outside in the freezing cold.


I got the Pumpkin Spice Cake Donut, Alyssa got the Apple Cinnamon Cake Donut, and we got the Yeast Glazed for Lana. Mine was a major disappointment maybe because I had developed hypothermia at that point and my taste bunds we frozen. I didn't get to try Alyssa's but Lana's was AMAzing! So I have to go back and get a yeast donut. So maybe once their Chelsea Hotel Location open I'll make a trip back but at that point who knows, the donut will be probably be $25!


  doughnut plant  

No comments:

Post a Comment